Since this was my first attempt at baking pie, I decided, just this once, to take the easy route and use a pre-made crust. I gotta start from somewhere, right? I'll try to do everything from scratch the next time around.
E.D. Smith's Traditional Pumpkin Pie
2 eggs
398 ml (1/2 can of 796 ml) of E.D. Smith Pure Pumpkin
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 9-inch pie shell
Beat eggs lightly in medium bowl. Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; stir until well combined. Blend in milk. Pour filling in pie shell. Bake at 425 F 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 F and continue baking 30 to 35 minutes longer.
Source: E.D. Smith
Pumpkin pie is the greatest. I made one @ Thanksgiving and now, because of this post, I want to make another one. Might be harder to find a pie pumpkin this time though...may have to use canned!
ReplyDeleteThe pie looks delicious S & Q :)
KN, I still have a cup of pumpkin if you would like to use it!
ReplyDeleteMini Q always looks like he's sniffing baked goods! Which works when he's actually making them :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Heather! But with such yummy stuff, I would like to sniff them too! LOL.
ReplyDelete