August 18, 2011

Sing-a-ling-a-ling

Claudia and I met a few summers ago while interning at the United Nations in New York. This is the view from her apartment. It was fantastic to see Claudia again! She also embraced the Quatchis with open arms.

The Quatchis relaxing at the apartment while I figured out what to do for the day. I like how they cross their legs in the same direction!
 
Mini Q in Chinatown. We ate some delicious Buddist fare at one of the local temples.
 
Q telling me he wants to check out the Thian Hock Ken Temple! It is the oldest and most important Taoist temple in Singapore.
 
The Quatchis in front of the Merlion - the mascot of Singapore.
 
I am a sucker for museums, and the Asian Civilisations Museum did not disappoint! I did a free guided tour for an hour, and spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around with the Quatchis in tow. Q liked this modern take on the Terracotta Army.
 
Mini Q was so happy to see some of the Terracotta Warriors! Q got to visit them in Xi'an last year (see photos here).

1 comment:

  1. Mini Q looks like one of the brave Terracotta Warriors! He's so cool!

    ReplyDelete