On Chinese New Year, Q received a lai see ("lucky money") from my mum.
Insider were two very special quarters: one of a hockey player and one of an alpine skiier. To learn more about these coins and others dedicated to the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, check out the Royal Canadian Mint's website. If you find any in your spare change, let us know!
Happy Chinese New Year S and Q!
ReplyDeleteSo far I have received two Olympic women's hockey quarters in my change...and I am hanging on to both of them. I'm really enjoying the Olympics thus far and there is still a whole week left!
GO CANADA GO!
Hope all those limited edition quarters bring Canadians lots of luck this week! I'll be on the look out for some in my change when counting it out at Tim Hortons. Go Canada!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy belated Chinese New Year! Hopefully the Year of the Tiger is as exciting as it sounds.
exciting! I have also found a women's hockey quarter or two, which I love, because they are the best!!
ReplyDelete