May 19, 2014

36 Hours in Ottawa

Maggie joined my girlfriends and I on a short trip to Ottawa. This was Maggie's second trip outside of Toronto. In February, she went to Montreal with the Mins.

After settling into our hotel, we checked out the stalls and shops in the Byward Market. As you can tell from the photo above, it was a bit windy!

We had a late afternoon laze before heading to Navarra (think Top Chef) for dinner. Maggie opted to enjoy the hotel room. She liked the idea of having the whole place to herself. I tucked her in before I left for a night on the town.

The next day, we had brunch and went on an afternoon stroll. Here's Maggie outside of the National Art Gallery. She didn't want to get too close to the massive spider across the street!

Our next stop was the Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica. It took Maggie a while, but she made it up to the top of the church steps. I scooped her up so we could go inside.

We caught the tail end of the Tulip Festival. Of course we stopped to smell the flowers.

Maggie liked reading all the historical plaques around Parliament. Even in French!

It was a gorgeous day to mill about. Maggie = one happy monster.

While crossing a bridge, Maggie paused to look at the locks at the Rideau Canal. She was hoping to see boats go through but no such luck.

After a relaxing of day of sightseeing, we booked it back to the hotel to get ready for a wedding. Our friend got married at the Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club - tres chic! We were glad to be a part of the festivities.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, fellow Canadians! Happy Victoria Day!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, & QK, QL, QBJuly 24, 2014 at 5:24 AM

    Great photos of a great city. I used to volunteer with an art class, and go to the National Gallery all summer. Fun! Did you get Obama cookies at the bakery in the market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went inside the bakery, but didn't get any of the cookies!

    ReplyDelete