February 23, 2014

French Getaway

The Mins, Maggie, BC, and I escaped to Montreal last weekend. We got there in a jiff via Porter. The Mins and Maggie enjoyed some bball clips on BC's iPad on the way. We also watched a bunch of Olympics. We are so proud of our Canadians!

After some brisk shopping on Saint-Catherine (I was on a mission to get to Simons before it closed), we indulged in a Montreal staple - smoked meat sandwiches at Schwartz's. YUM!

We then relaxed at our hotel, the Omni,  before BC and I left to meet a friend at Mme. Lee. It was all very French until we saw their featured cocktail - the Rob Ford!

The next morning, we went to Le Cartet with one of my besties from Western. The place was hopping! I got the "healthy brunch", knowing for what we were up for later that evening.

After brunch we visited the Musee des beaux-arts. Luckily, the place wasn't busy so we were able to enjoy the large pieces of art from afar.

The highlight of our trip was Cabane a Sucre. It was a feast of five appetizers, three mains, and four desserts. Everything was rich, plentiful, and over-the-top. The Mins was excited to try different foods. Here, BC is serving him a baked yam, topped with whipped marshmallow and maple syrup.

Naturally, being at a sugar shack, maple syrup was in everything! One of the desserts were maple syrup pops. Pure liquid gold it was. And refreshing after our glutinous meal!

We spent one more day in Montreal. I'll save it for another post. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment