June 17, 2012

Father's Day Dim Sum

The Mins circling my dad's favourite dish off of the dim sum menu.

Siu mai! Nom nom nom!

We're taking a breather before firing up the BBQ this evening.

Happy Father's Day to all the pops out there!

4 comments:

  1. You all took your Dad out! That is so sweet of you!! I miss dim sum, an mantous!! Which is your fave? We love the savory shrimp ones, and the sweet black poppy seed ones too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricky just to pick one! I really like cha siu sou and lou baak gou. I also have a soft spot for congee, but I guess you can get that at any noodle house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look these up. Turnip cake? Um, yum!! Agreed on the congee, when I'm really sick I make congee with red bean paste. Adore! Wish I knew the proper names, but my chinese is rusty...

    We went hunting the other day, and found coconut buns in the shape of Hello Kitty, and Totoro! Only wish there were kerroppi ones too!! What's your fave Sanrio and/or Ghibli character?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, turnip cake. Reminds me of my grandpa. That was his fav.

    Kerroppi all the way!

    ReplyDelete