After San Fran, we made a quick pit stop in Berkeley and stayed overnight in Palo Alto. We drove to Half Moon Bay the next morning. We were hoping to see some surfers out and about, but it was a wee bit chilly. Mini Q really enjoyed the fresh air.
We stopped in Santa Cruz for lunch. It was kinda eerie how quiet it was by the amusement park. The Mins and I had the whole beach to ourselves!
On day four of our California cruise, we did the 17-Mile Drive through Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach. There were heaps of pelicans and sea lions lazing on the rock in the distance. We made several stops along the route, including one at the Lone Cypress.
In Carmel-by-the-Sea, we indugled in a "Dirty Harry" burger for lunch at Clint Eastwood's resto - Hog's Breath Inn.
Ya don't see beaches like this in Toronto!
We spent the afternoon driving along the Pacific Coast Highway in the Big Sur. This was by far my favourite part of the trip! The views were unreal, and kept on getting better and better when we drove south. This photo was taken at Pfeiffer Beach.
It was here I started to wonder, what ever happened to Michelle Pfeiffer?!? Dangerous Minds was a great movie. If you have any insight, please do let me know.
Wow that burger is almost as big as MINS!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Sammers! I want to take the same trip now hahaha
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, in fact I wish I was in the Big Sur right now.
ReplyDeleteYou asked for insight about Michelle Pfeiffer, well she's been working on 3 new films over the last year.
New Year's Eve has just been released and Dark Shadows and Welcome To People are soon to follow.
It's nice to meet another Pfeiffermaniac.
Oh em gee, Paul!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update!