January 10, 2012

New Year, New Recipes

I've made banana bread before, but a new year calls for new recipes! I thought this one would be interesting because it includes sour cream (which I haven't used in a quick bread before). Mini was napping but Q was game on helping me bake. He was quite helpful in taste testing too!


Best Ever Banana Bread
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs well beaten
1 1/12 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream, and eggs. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mix to the banana mix, stirring until just combined. Bake in a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan at 325 F for 60 to 75 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.

Source: Winnipeg Free Press

2 comments:

  1. Try a slice of cheddar cheese with s slice of banana bread, its super tasty!! Really!!!

    ReplyDelete