October 24, 2011

Road Trip with Mini Q

Mini Q joined me on a road trip to Ithaca. I was visiting a few friends that I met in China two summers ago. These friends have met Q before but not Mini Q. Q stayed home this time around to hold down the fort. Mini Q was excited to go on his own adventure!

Here's Mini Q crossing the border. We were just approaching the Canada-US divide at this time. Don't worry, I wasn't driving while taking this photo. It was stop and go, stop and go, all the way to the gates.

Cornell is very picturesque! The setting was exceptional with the rolling hills, the leaves changing colour, and the lake below. I was impressed.

Mini Q checking out the famous clock tower.

Inside the A.D. White Library (Uris Library) - the oldest library on campus. It's also opened 24/7.

Gearing up for spicy hot pot. We ate for two hours! I was in a food coma afterwards.

On the way home, my friend took me for a tour of his school - the University of Buffalo. This is North campus.
 
Mini Q (and Alex's hand) with the school's official mascot. Naturally, it's a buffalo.

Mini Q made some new friends! We then had buffalo wings for dinner. I've had buffalo wings before - my first time in Buffalo. They were messy as all get out (hence, no photos of Mini Q - my fingers were too sticky), but they were worth it. Yes, they were definitely worth it.

Thanks Shuai, Yufei, and Alex for a great weekend! It was a long overdue reunion. I'm happy we made it happen!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Cornell is my alma mater--man, do I have memories of climbing up that giant hill in the snow and ice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Love the architecture! What does Buffalo taste like? (the meat not the uni).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were chicken wings, but fried, and also really saucy. I did have a bison burger in NYC this weekend, though. It was delish!

    ReplyDelete