On the last leg of our trip, Q and I headed off to Oxford via train. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and walked all over the city during the afternoon. I loved the oldness and history of all of the buildings. The Sheldonian Theatre behind Q was one of my favs.
I climbed 124 steps with Q in tow to see the city views on top of the University Church of St. Mary. We were not disappointed!
I would say Magdalen College has some of the most beautiful buildings in Oxford, many which are adorned with an array of interesting stone-carved characters. Famous members of the college include Cardinal Woosley, William Tyndale, Thomas Hobbes, Oscar Wilde, and C.S. Lewis.
Q travelled in style (in Longchamp)!
After several hours of walking around, meeting friends over two (yes two) dinners, and grabbing a few pints, Q and I were happy to crash in our room at St. Hugh's.
I love the architecture of the old buildings! Glad to see that you and Q made it up the long flight of stairs to see that fantastic view!!!
ReplyDelete