February 20, 2011

Academia: Cambridge

After a longer than expected MegaBus ride (I really shouldn't complain...it only cost 1.50 GBP!), Q and I made it to Cambridge. King's College Chapel was impressive, especially the stained glass windows.

Q in front of the Mathematical Bridge.

My friend, Enid, was an excellent tour guide. It was a wee bit chilly, but we decided to go punting, and I'm so glad we did! Q had the best seat on the boat!

Q checking for fishies.

Does the bridge look familar? It's modelled, and named after, the Bridge of Sighs in Venice.

Q and his new friend, Stitch.

The next day I met my friend, Philipp, to catch up over lattes (we did an internship at the UN a few summers ago). Q looked longingly out of the window. I think he wanted to go punting again!

Well that's it, folks! It took us several posts, but that was our trip in a nutshell. We hoped you enjoyed it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Q on the boat! Did he see any fishes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looked for a really long time but there were none!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps the students ate them? Q looks so happy in all the pics! Happy you all had a great trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete