The Design Exchange has great exhibits, and this one was no exception. The Mins joined BC and I to see "This Is Not A Toy", co-curated by Pharrell Williams.
This sculpture is called The Simple Things. It's hard to see, but the items are encrusted with thousands of diamonds and other precious stones.
The Mins liked these smiley guys. They are from a series called Wish Come True.
I have friends in Hong Kong that collect To-Fus. They take the To-Fus on their travels, like I do with the Quatchis.
Can you guess who designed this Be@rbrick? Mr. Lagerfield, of course! The Chanel doll was donated by Jeanne Beker.
This KAWS piece was one of the largest at the exhibition...
...and these guys were some of the smallest. There were rows upon rows upon rows of them! We felt like kids in a toy shop!







WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD OF THIS BLOG BEFORE? OMG THIS IS AWESOME. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY. I HEART QUATCHI.
ReplyDeleteYay! Thanks for checking out the blog!
ReplyDelete