We had a 36-hour stopover in DC so we continued our foodie adventure while sightseeing in between. On our first night, we checked out the U Street Corridor. We grabbed pints and dinner at Busboys and Poets. It reminded me of my university days!
The next morning, we headed to Georgetown, and had cupcakes and lattes at Baked and Wired. I thought my cupcake order would be frowned upon at 10 AM, but apparently, cupcakes for breakfast in Georgetown is normal. Whew!
It was chilly out so we wanted a hearty lunch. We trekked to Founding Farmers by the IMF. The food hit the spot!
And despite it being chilly, I wanted frozen yogurt (I always want frozen yogurt). After a short rest back at our hotel in Dupont Circle, we went to Mr. Yogato.
I met up with a friend for dinner at Jaleo. We haven't seen each other in two years but it didn't seem to matter. We had a great time catching up and enjoying good Spanish tapas.
It's back to reality with 12 hour (plus) work days in Toronto. I can't wait 'til my current project wraps up!
No comments:
Post a Comment