September 29, 2013

Oatmeal Apricot Cookies

I recently discovered Bulk Barn, and it's awesome for all my baking needs. I bought a whole shopping bag of stuff for less than $10. With a freshly restocked baking cabinet at home, the Quatchis and I tried a new recipe - oatmeal apricot cookies.


Oatmeal Apricot Cookies
1 stick butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried apricots

Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Cut the apricots into small pieces. Cream the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until well-combined and smooth. Add the flour and mix well. Stir in the oatmeal and apricot pieces.


Use a small scoop or a spoon to portion the cookie dough. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets before transferring them to a rack. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.


Source: Cookistry

2 comments: