June 29, 2013

Trip to TBay

It's been a busy month of weddings and other related wedding events for my friends. The majority of them have been around town, but one of them was in Thunder Bay. The Mins was in tow for a Northern adventure!

As soon as we got off the plane, we picked up our rental car and drove to the Hoito to have their famous Finnish pancakes. This was my second time and the Mins' first. Our tummies were very, very, very satisfied.

We then checked out some of the shops nearby. This store in particular specializes in Marimekko products. I loved the colourful napkins! I had to show restraint and bought only two packs.

My friend's wedding was in the late afternoon / evening at Fort William. The Mins was pretty tired from the travelling, so he stayed back at the hotel.

The next day we visited the Terry Fox Memorial...

 ...which overlooked Sleeping Giant Provincial Park.

 We also checked out Kakabeka Falls (the sole reason I wanted to rent a car). I should have taken more photos of the surrounding area, because it reminded me a lot of the Group of Seven paintings.

 After a BBQ with friends, the Mins and I went to the Thunder Bay Art Gallery.

And before heading back to the airport, we picked up a dozen Persians (pastries). I purposefully packed light in order to bring these back for my co-workers. I didn't tell them in advance, so I was the hero in the office the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment