February 8, 2013

Q's Two Cents

Q likes collecting odds and ends. He has a few unique coins from my mum. Now that the penny is out of commission, he wanted to save two for him and the Mins.

Do we now say a nickel for your thoughts? Or, that costs a pretty nickel? I guess the penny has dropped! Har har har.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny. My Dad always tells me not to take any wooden nickels. What a lovely tribute to our fair penny.

    I have always wanted to go to the Canadian Mint, have you been? A piece of 2010 Olympics trivia, the Canadian Mint had an exhibit of the all three Olympic/Paralympic medals in Downtown Van, it took 8 hours to line up!! Alas, it is an exhibit I missed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long fair penny, you have done us well. It seems no longer will we be able to pick up a penny from the sidewalk...will people start to throw nickels away? Or keep them stashed in so many unrelated places in the home?

    ReplyDelete