We had a short yet productive visit in Xi'an. We saw the Wild Goose Pagoda...
...and the Terracotta Warriors. This was Q's second visit to the museum. The Mins (and Q) saw a few of the warriors in Singapore last year.
We also ate 18 courses of dumplings while watching the Tang Dynasty show. I used to do ribbon dancing was I was younger.
The next day we flew from Xi'an to Wuhan, and then took a bus to Yichang to board our cruise ship. Our trip was pretty hectic up to this point, so it was good to relax while on the Yangtze River.
Our first excursion was called the Tribes of the Three Gorges. I highly recommend it if you ever have the chance to go! It was very peaceful and picturesque.
The Quatchis spent hours looking outside. It was warm enough to sit on the deck, but I didn't want to risk the Quatchis falling into the water.
Our second excursion was to the Lesser Three Gorges. We took smaller boats, like the ones in the photo above, because the water was shallow.
The water levels are much higher today because of the Three Gorges Dam. I still found the cliffs to be impressive.
Excursion #3 was to the dam. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the dam is huge (it's in the background)! It makes the Hoover Dam look tiny! I used to work on electricity finance and policy issues for the Ontario Government, so I found this visit to be very interesting.
Our last excursion was to the Shibaozhai Pagoda. It looks new because it's freshly painted, but it's actually over 500 years old! The Quatchis climbed the narrow stairs up to the very top with me.
We've never been on a cruise before so we enjoyed it very much. Has anyone else been? What did you think of the Yangtze River?

No comments:
Post a Comment