The Quatchis and I received another wonderful housewarming present! We've always wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer. And one in a slick colour too. We were eager to try out our new toy today. Plus, it's been a while since we've tried a new recipe.

Blueberry Lemon Bread
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 lemon, juiced
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour an 8 x 4 inch pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Mix in the juice of 1 lemon. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes. For the glaze, combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Drizzle over cake while still warm.
Source: Allrecipies.com

The bread smells delicious. We're waiting for it to cool before we slice it. Be patient, Quatchis!
Update: The bread tastes delicious! I used less sugar for the glaze and it was still sweet but not too sweet. I also baked it for the full 70 minutes. For next time, I will use more berries.
ReplyDeleteOMG, Congrats on your stand mixer! I have exact same one, I actually screamed when I got it, I found it in my kitchen, it was such a big surprise! You will love it, wonder how you ever lived without it! Trust me! Congrats! p.s. my Qs are a little scared of getting mixed up in it, oh dear...
ReplyDeleteL - Is your midnight blue too? Also, do you have any of the attachments for the mixer?
ReplyDeleteOh, no, mine is Caviar. There are some awesome attachments for this machine!! In my humble opinion (as follows): The best is the scraper blade (has a spatula built in), you can find it at Williams Sonoma, seriously I use it all the time. Another good bet, a second bowl (glass, so you can use it to proof bread, make icing and batter at the same time, and plus it's nice to have a dif looking one, also at WS.) The Ice Cream attachment needs no introduction, and the pasta attachment is for the adventurous!
ReplyDelete