After spending a week in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, the Quatchis and I participated in the Dragon100 Young Chinese Leaders Forum. Q was excited to return to Hong Kong for the second time. In this photo, he is telling me where to grab a snack.
The programme involved a lot of lectures and seminars, so not much time for sightseeing. We spent one afternoon at the Yuen Yuen Institute. It is the only temple in Hong Kong dedicated to all three major Chinese religions: Taoism, Buddhism, and Confucianism.
Q said I need to brush up on my Cantonese so I can describe this photo better to you!
We only spent three days in Hong Kong, and it was stinking hot, so I don't have too many photos of the Quatchis. On the fourth day of the trip, we flew to Kaohsiung. The Quatchis were honorary members of my group - Red 2.
We spent one day volunteering on the Ma-Jia Farm in Pingtung County. We all made flower crowns with children from the village. Mine was a bit on the small side but it fit Q just fine!
To get from Kaohsiung to Taipei, we took the high speed train. The train travels 300 km/hr!
The Quatchis liked the changing scenery as we crossed the island. Next stop, Taipei!
We are so envious of you! I miss the food!
ReplyDelete