Vanilla Bean Pudding
2 2/3 cups whole milk, divided
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
1 large egg
Bring 2 cups of the milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. While it is heating, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla bean in the bottom of a medium, heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in the remaining 2/3 cup of whole milk, a little at a time so lumps do not form, then whisk in the egg. Once the milk is boiling, very gradually add it to the cornstarch mixture in the bowl, whisking the whole time.

2 2/3 cups whole milk, divided
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
1 large egg
Bring 2 cups of the milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. While it is heating, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla bean in the bottom of a medium, heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in the remaining 2/3 cup of whole milk, a little at a time so lumps do not form, then whisk in the egg. Once the milk is boiling, very gradually add it to the cornstarch mixture in the bowl, whisking the whole time.
Return the mixture back to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Once it comes to a simmer, cook the cornstarch and egg fully for one minute. Divide pudding among 6 dishes. Chill in the refrigerator until full set. Makes 6 half-cup servings.
Source: Smitten Kitchen
I had a craving for pudding and rushed making it. Don't be like me. I should have watched the milk, and later on the pudding, on the stove more closely and whisked the ingredients continuously. Also, I could have done away with less sugar. At least my pudding was happy to see me! I will most likely try this recipe again when I'm not in a hungry state.
Looks so yummy!!! Nom! Nom! Nom!
ReplyDelete