June 12, 2010

Q Goes Vegan

My best friend, KNN, is a vegan, and her boyfriend, R, loves brownies. So when KNN was hosting a campfire last night in celebration of R's birthday, it was only fitting that Q and I made vegan brownies! 

Vegan Brownies 
2 cups unbleached flour
2 cups unbleached sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 

Preheat the oven to 350 F. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil, and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch pan.

 

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is no longer shiny. Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.



This recipe was easy peasy! I had to bake my batch for 50 minutes because my pan was smaller. It was still gooey in the centre, which was perfecto! The brownies were a big hit! Q and I will probably try this recipe again.

Happy (belated) birthday, R!

Source: Allrecipes.com

1 comment: