Cinnamon Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 lemon rind, grated
Ground cinnamon
Preheat oven 350 F. Sift flour into large bowl and make a well in the centre and pour in oil. Add sugar and lemon rind and mix well to form dough.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 lemon rind, grated
Ground cinnamon
Preheat oven 350 F. Sift flour into large bowl and make a well in the centre and pour in oil. Add sugar and lemon rind and mix well to form dough.
Take small balls of dough and shape them into little flat round cookies. Place them on the baking sheet and spring some cinnamon on top.
Bake for 20 minutes and then let them cool a little before eating.
Source: Desserts and Drinks From Around the World (in this case, Morocco)
These cookies were extremely easy to make. With only five ingredients, you can't go wrong! I'm not too sure if the ratio of dry to wet ingredients was quite right. The dough was very stiff so I added more oil, and randomly, some water. The cookies are small but dense, so they are quite filling. And the cinnamon made the whole kitchen smell heavenly. Q and I were happy to try something new. Thanks, AAD for the cookbook!
Hi Sammers!
ReplyDeleteI’ve linked Quatch Watch up on my newly created "Quatchi Mania!" page! ;)
Here’s the link: http://superquatchi.wordpress.com/quatchi-mania/
I really enjoy reading your blog; please keep those cute pictures of Q coming!
Cheers,
superquatchi :)
Yum!! They look really tasty!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome - glad to hear you've found something yummy in the chunky cookbook! They look so simple, I feel like I have no excuse but to try them myself...
ReplyDeleteYummy! I can almost smell the cookies over here! Q is such a greak baker! I just hope that I can do something like that!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely getting the Quatchi family to try this recipe! I love cinnamon and we can actually find the stuff here!
ReplyDelete